Wednesday, April 08, 2020

The Plague: Update IV

- Unleaded Fuel, if you can believe it, is $1.39 a gallon.  I stopped and got some - yes, a whole $0.80, but I want to be able to brag some day that "I got fuel back in Ought 20 at $1.39 a gallon!"  It has been dropping about a dime a week.

- Mileage last week was 15.2.  I estimate it will be that or less this week.

-  All the girls are now doing on-line school, which seems to be the way of things this year.  The Younger Two can do Pass/Fail, but the Older has to take grades (apparently, it is Italian law.  Go figure).

-  The Ravishing Mrs. TB went grocery shopping again.  Still significant holes in canned goods and backing supplies (we got one of the last three bags of flour).  We are starting to exchange money and supplies with neighbors - small things at this point, but it will go on I am sure.

- I had my garage door opener replaced after waiting three years.  The gentleman was Johnny on the spot but preferred to take a credit card due to the risk of contamination.

- Everyone is still in good spirits.  School is helping; I dread to think of what happens when it is out.

-  I have started my list of items to do.  Turns out all my drawers and small spaces are going to get cleaned as a result of this.

-  This marks the two week date since I started working directly from home.  It is working out rather well; I suspect that I am going to make a strong argument to work from home when everything is "back to normal".

- All is well, friends.  We are weathering the storm well.



4 comments:

  1. Do you have Smart & Final stores where you live? They might also be called "Iris" if they've been around long enough (Smart & Final took over Iris). Those stores open at 0600. Get there early enough, and you can get baking goods. I scored 50-pound bags of high-gluten and all purpose flour over there a couple of days ago. I also had to buy a 30-gallon trashcan to store them in. ...We have field mice...
    We're going bigger now. If there's one thing this situation has shown us, it's the holes in the larder, and how fast we actually go through stuff...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do, Pete. It has been a while since I have been in one. Thanks for the heads up!

      Delete
  2. Good on you. :-)
    Our "lowest" here is $1.59. Still better than it was. :-)

    Great idea to continue working from home if you can.
    Be safe and God bless. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I am at the same time unhappy and happy about it - unhappy for the loss of oil field jobs it represents and happy because I am paying less.

      Will continue to push the work from home concept as long as I can.

      Delete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!