Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Staying Home

I have been pondering that day - seemingly long far off now - when we are allowed to "return" to normal life.

To be able to go out whenever, wherever you want. To be able to go into any store, not just the "essential" ones.  To be able to go to entertainment venues and religious centers and bowling alleys and bars.

It will be expected, of course.  Have to do your economic patriotic duty, of course. "Get Out And Spend!  Save Your Friends and Neighbors!  Spend Money To Support Your Government" will be the new rallying cry of the post-Covid world.

What will I do?  Where will I go?

Surprisingly, not really anywhere at all.

Here is the unusual and funny thing I am discovering the longer I stay here at home:  I really neither want nor need to go anywhere else.

Oh, there are a few places.  The Rabbit Shelter of course.  And Iai class - because even though train over the InterWeb, there is nothing like training in person.

But really (upon consideration), that is about it. 

I do not really feel the need to go to any stores (between having most of what I want and being able to order the rest, why would I?).  Nor to any entertainment centers.  And not, really, even to church (the proverbial cat is out of the bag:  You can worship on-line).

The Ravishing Mrs TB is working on planning a trip - somewhere - when this is all over.  Italy is right out at the current time, so we are looking at other options.  Internal US options.  Which is great.  But I surely do not feel the real need to go that far away any more, or travel far and wide.  And my desire to get on a plane is rapidly disappearing for all time.

Here is the odd thing (at least for me):  This enforced stay at home order has revealed what I suppose I have always knows, that I would really just rather stay at home.  I am just as happy here as I would be almost anywhere else (discounting The Ranch, of course - but were I there, the output would be the same).

I will not be driving the Recovery.  I will not be out spending money.  I will not be frantically trying to get out as much as possible for as long as possible.

Quite the opposite. I will be looking for more ways to stay and enjoy the home.

Home for me represents all that is good and right with the world.  Going out - at all - really represents the opposite.  And why would I want that?

6 comments:

  1. The only thing I'm looking forward to is going to the library again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair point Leigh. I know The Ravishing Mrs. TB is also looking forward to going to the library again.

      Delete
  2. I agree completely! I LOVE staying home. Even before this madness, a bad week for me was when I had to go out in public twice.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, I never really thought of it actively before, only passively in that on weekends, I really did not want to go out. Turns out it was not just when I working outside of the home.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Before all this happened, we were planning a trip to the Shipshewana flea market in Indiana, and to meet up with one of my brothers who will be celebrating a birthday that weekend.

    And then up to see my mother in Michigan in her assisted living facility.
    I will be greatly disappointed if none of this occurs.

    But I need to remember, God's Will.

    Be safe and God bless, TB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, we were going to take (possibly) a once in a lifetime trip to Italy in a month. First time in X number of years I took two full weeks off during a non-Christmas season. But as you say, God's Will.

      Delete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!