Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Spring Garden 2020

So this weekend the Spring Garden went in.

No pictures - at the moment it is all just a bed of broken down wood litter - but I (for me) went as far as I could this year in planting with the space I had.

Beyond the tomato and jalapeno plant I put in during late march, I planted two kinds of peppers, four kinds of onions, three or four kinds of beans two kinds of Sorghum, black eyed peas, two kinds of okra, and corn (along with tomatoes, my quixotic quest to get something to grow).  I am hoping the soil has warmed up enough have everything make a go of it as this is (I think) two weeks before I planted last year.

As usual, I have my fairly low aspirations/hope of actually getting a whole lot of out of my garden.  I am trying a couple of different techniques - my bed is essentially 100% of used rabbit litter and (since it is not likely we are going much of anywhere this year) more than my usual management of the water.

The reality is that I have now planted everything I do not have converted over to yard or patio.  Anything else will have to come by tearing something else out.

Maybe I will wait until I demonstrate I can grow corn first...


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:37 AM

    I tried my hand at sweet corn last year. The yield was not great, the ears were small, but man did it taste soooooo delicious!!! We've amended the soil and hope to improve our crop this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great news! I try to grow drought resistant corn here for flour - no luck yet, but I keep trying.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Prayers for your garden, TB. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!