Wednesday, April 01, 2020

A Paycheck

Today I received my paycheck, as expected, in my bank account.

It had never occurred to me how profound an act this was.

I am not like hundreds of thousands (it will probably end up being millions) that looked at the end of the month and found nothing new in their bank account.  It was there, as it has been for 3.5 years previous.

To be clear, I do actually work for my income.  So in that sense, it was "expected" rather than a gift.  But still, given all the current circumstances, I had not realized (until today) what a profound event that was.

It allows our family to pay my bills without concern. It graces our family with the ability to support others, be it as charities or as small businesses.  It allows me to continue to buy the things that please me.  It allows me to prepare for the day (who knows?) when I, too, will not receive a paycheck.

It was just a revelation to me on this day.  Saddened I had not considered it before.

3 comments:

  1. Not sure why you should be saddened; but it was something for thought.
    Be safe and God bless you all, TB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, saddened from the point of view that I should be grateful for these simple things more often.

      Delete
    2. Ah. Right. I do understand about that. I have been there.
      *hugs* ♥

      Delete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!