Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Going, Going, Gone....(To Japan)



Hi Friends!  As you are reading this, I am somewhere on a plane (most likely over the North American continent or, if reading later in the day, somewhere over the Pacific Ocean) heading to Japan for Training.

It is the time for our annual training at Katsuura, Japan.   I will be gone from today (29 January) returning 09 February 2020.  Besides training, we will be participating in a demonstration at a Shinto Shrine and observing some of the annual Kobudo Kyokai Enbu Taikai (Traditional Japanese Martial Arts).

Thanks to the magic of the InterWeb, I will have a series of posts during my absence. My apologies in advance if I do not respond in a timely manner.  I promise to do so on my return.

I am looking forward to focusing on nothing but Iai.  It will be a relief.  I desperately need to clear my head and see a vision of my future.  Perhaps it is too much to hope, but satori (enlightenment) would not be an unwelcome thing.



2 comments:

  1. What fun! And what a blessing to be able to go. May you find the vision you seek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leigh! And I did - or at least as much as I think I could have gotten out of it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!