Took out the last of the yellow onions yesterday from the garden, about 50% survival rate and the onions were bigger than last year's harvest. Next in the coming weeks.......red potato harvest! One of my neighbors have a few blackberry bushes that they don't mind having...uh....."taste testings" TB.
The one thing my little small holding where my house is lacks are berries. We used to sometimes pick their wild cousins on the farms but it often is bloody and not pleasant work. I've tried many times since we moved here to start patches of their thornless cousins but I've yet to succeed.
Ed, one of things that really surprised me when I went to visit my Former Boss was the variety of berries she had; some I had never heard of that are not sold in stories. It makes me want to try some, someday.
Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!
Took out the last of the yellow onions yesterday from the garden, about 50% survival rate and the onions were bigger than last year's harvest. Next in the coming weeks.......red potato harvest! One of my neighbors have a few blackberry bushes that they don't mind having...uh....."taste testings" TB.
ReplyDeleteThat sound fabulous, Nylon12! I am thinking about trying to start some onions for overwintering (if I can figure out how to do it).
DeleteThe free blackberries here are just as good as the ones I pay for.
The one thing my little small holding where my house is lacks are berries. We used to sometimes pick their wild cousins on the farms but it often is bloody and not pleasant work. I've tried many times since we moved here to start patches of their thornless cousins but I've yet to succeed.
ReplyDeleteEd, one of things that really surprised me when I went to visit my Former Boss was the variety of berries she had; some I had never heard of that are not sold in stories. It makes me want to try some, someday.
DeleteI love this one!
ReplyDeleteThanks Leigh!
Delete(I do feel like I am getting a little better at these in general.)