Friday, May 14, 2021

Prayer of St. Philaret, Metropolitan of Moscow

 My Lord, I know now what I ought to ask of Thee.

Thou and Thou alone knowest my needs.

Thou lovest me more than I am able to love Thee.

O Father, grant unto me, Thy servant, all which I cannot ask.

For a cross I dare not ask, nor for consolation; I dare only to stand in Thy presence.

My heart is open to Thee.

Thou seest my needs of which I myself am unaware.

Behold and lift me up!

In Thy presence I stand, awed and silenced by Thy will and Thy judgements, into which my mind cannot penetrate.

To Thee I offer myself as a sacrifice.

No other desire is mine to to fulfill Thy will.

Teach me how to pray.

Do Thyself pray within me.

Amen.

St. Philaret



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!