Thursday, July 02, 2020

A Summer's Walk 2020

Today I took my regular "Down The Southwest Road" Walk.  This road is not the road we actually use, but instead the deeded road to the Ranch.

Looking out over the Middle Meadow:


Road next to the Lower Meadow:



Bear Scat.  For comparison, this is the size of my fist:


Lower Meadow:


Most of the Spring Wild flowers are gone, but a few remain:


Always two roads diverging in the woods...:



This was clear cut for the lines two years ago.  Light and water work magic in the forest:



The blackberries are taking over:


Next to the road, this log has a series of small items on it.  I have no idea why these offerings are there:




The Creek:  Sadly this is not on our land as it is the only year round creek locally.


Heading Uphill:


A nice reminder on the side of the road:


More wildflowers:





The blackberries are starting to put on size:



Flowers waiting for the sun:


Determined Fungi slowly taking over a tree stump:


Local politicians observed at a meeting (Actually, that is a lie:  Wild Turkeys are far smarter than any politician I am aware of):




4 comments:

  1. Nice :-)

    Oh, and those turkeys were out 'snoodling'. You can tell by the raised heads and the look of being caught at something. Even the domestic ones are very good at it.

    So, where is the house going to be built? ;^)
    ~hobo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I looked it up and cannot find a reference Hobo - what is "snoodling", exactly? Sounds vaguely conspiratorial.

      As to the other, I hopefully have something in the hopper now. I will push the issue when I get back.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous12:13 PM

    Beautiful photos - thanks for sharing them with us. Some of the most restful vacations are spent in the woods or along a shoreline. Just feel the tensions leave the body and figuratively lose at least 15 lbs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are quite welcome. I at least am losing 15 lbs mentally; my parents have nuts scattered about the house so I may be recovering that weight...

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!