Friday, May 22, 2020

A Sort of Hammerfall Update VI

My Continuing Job Transition Saga:

A Sort of Hammerfall

A Sort of Hammerfall I

A Sort of Hammerfall II

A Sort of Hammerfall III

A Sort of Hammerfall IV

A Sort of Hammerfall V

An update of sorts:  today in my call with my current manager, I was informed that 1)  they have decided upon a candidate; 2)  they made the candidate an offer; and 3) the candidate has verbally accepted.

Anticipated start date is 01 June.  I cannot tell you what a relief it was to hear that.

The transition period is to be determined.  The individual is an experienced industry veteran so it is anticipated that it will not take a great deal of time but one never knows - my estimate is four weeks to make sure that everything has transitioned over and there is no longer any need for them to regularly ask me questions (I am sure that there will always be something for the purposes of historical information of course). 

The other two pieces of information that were interesting is that this individual will be a level higher than myself and that they will be reporting directly to the CEO (frankly, they are welcome to both.  I am very much ready to be done).

The next round of information, of course, begins with my new position:  when is the transfer, what will I actually be doing, and will there be any impact on my current salary and other compensation structure (currently I do not know any of that, of course).  None is currently anticipated is my understanding, but it is always nicer to get it in writing.

But for all of that, the main point stands:  my replacement is coming and the holding pattern I have been in for the last three months (four by the time everything is done) can finally resolve itself.

For the first time in a while, I can begin to actually plan what the next phase actually looks like.

4 comments:

  1. That will be a relief.
    Praise God for small blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, for the first time in a very long time I am cautiously - cautiously, I emphasize - optimistic.

      Delete
  2. Finally, some concrete information and the beginning of resolution. What a relief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh, it really is. Meeting with the new reporting structure (CEO) starts next week. My hope is by the end of June all will be done and I can physically - and more importantly, mentally - move on the next phase of my life (and that is what I am coming to understand this as now, a real phase of life change).

      Delete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!