Thursday, May 14, 2020

Cheese Press

So thanks to the good folks at The New England Cheesemaking Supply Company, I am about to level up in my cheesemaking.  I purchased a cheese press.


The benefit of a cheese press is that it allows you to apply varying levels of pressure (up to 80 lbs) for extended periods of time to knit the curds together.  Most all hard cheeses undergo this process.



Fancy stainless steel pan and plastic follower.  The other parts are sturdy wood and steel.



I am very excited!

8 comments:

  1. Nice! Eat some for me! 🐰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I am looking forward to using it.

      Delete
  2. And... when are you going to get bees, TB...? Why, if I had your leisure time and money... the things I could do...!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is on the list, Glen. Just need to get away from here.

      Delete
  3. Just a thought
    Leigh at 5acres&adream has cheese recipes she keeps dairy goats
    Patrice Lewis at rural revolution has cheese recipes sin her sidebars
    Worth a look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb! I follow both of these authors and had totally forgotten that!

      Delete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!