Tuesday, October 22, 2019

The Great Stuff Purge of 2019

So the Great Stuff Purge of 2019 is picking up steam.

It started innocently enough.  The Ravishing Mrs. TB got two bags of items she was no longer using and sent them off.  And then she realized our local neighborhood also had a "stuff other people do not want that you can have" group.  So she listed some items on there - you just put it out, and then it magically disappears.

And then, today, she moved to The Craft Table.

The Craft Table has sat in our house where the formal dining area is every since we moved here six years ago (replacing The Previous Craft Table located in the upstairs main room when we rented).  The point of The Craft Table was to be a location for all of the crafting supplies - scrap book, sewing, Na Clann's various crafting activities over the years.  Which is was, on and off.

Until everyone got busy.  And life happens.  And trends happen (who actually scrapbooks any more?).

And so, by the time I returned from the Rabbit Shelter, The Craft Table was completely cleaned off.  Vacuumed.  And a rather large pile of material ready to either be placed out in the recycle bin or to be donated.  (As a bonus, the four dining room chairs that we have had for two years since we got the new ones were also ready for donation).

It is a slow process, but we seem to be reaching the point where there is more stuff going out of the house than there is coming into it.  And that is a good thing.

6 comments:

  1. Good work you guys!

    What is scrapbooking? Is it a chick thing?

    I am the opposite - I have too much time on my hands now and am up to my ears in all the hobbies I never used to have time for. I have about 3 projects on the go right now and refuse to start anymore until I get them off my plate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never started scrapbooking, do I can't answer that.
    But congratulations! 🐰

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I think most people live with too much clutter. Alex and I definitely have way too much here and next spring we'll be downsizing majorly! I'd love to start now, but it's exhausting to even think about it. Next spring it'll be a necessary task so it won't be so difficult to start - at least I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glen, Scrapbooking is what we used to call "putting your photos in an album" except that you make themed pages for the pictures. The Ravishing Mrs. TB made them for Na Clann over the years and did some nice ones for our vacations. The problem is that the world went digital and suddenly you can just make a photo book in 1/4 of the time it took to do it by hand for much less money.

    Your story is mine Glen - I find myself starting less things now and trying to stick with the ones that I have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, I do not have the patience for it. But the results are certainly nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really think we do too Rain, although I cannot quite tell you the moment that we passed from wanting so much to deciding we had too much. It really only feels like it has happened in the last few years.

    For me, Winter is probably a great time to work on this. I really do not enjoy working out in the cold.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!