Monday, October 07, 2019

A Small Clarification

Dear Friends:

I feel as if I need to make a point of clarification about my beliefs so that there is no confusion.

I am, on the whole, a conservative.  And by conservative, I mean a small government, limited government, free market believer, and as many rights as the individual can have.  In general, this puts me in opposition to liberalism and the current opposition party.  That does not, however, mean I always support the current party in power.

I am a conservationist.  I believe we should preserve and protect creation.  I am, in general, against corporate agriculture and for sustainable agriculture.  I also believe that government is often the least likely to be able to enable this.

I am a Christian.  I am an "orthodox" Christian in that I accept the Bible as the inerrant word of God.  I believe in the total substitutionary sacrifice of Christ for the sins of anyone who believes in His sacrifice on their behalf.  There is a lot that goes a long with that, but for now it is sufficient.

I believe that there is evil in the world, evil in the hearts of men and women (which is called sin) and that there is evil in the supernatural world that attempts to break into our own.

But.

But the thing I cannot and will not countenance or support on this site is any sort of name calling or use of terms that would be considered offensive.  That goes all ways, not just one way.    Nor can I countenance the use of the wrong thing in support of the right cause.  We do not make our arguments better or more attractive by using a flawed weapon.

I try not deal in politics here for good reason - it never leads to a useful discussion (at least on the InterWeb).  But occasionally even I seem to wander closer than I mean to.  If this has created an issue for anyone, I apologize.  That was never my intent.  If this somehow means that this is not a blog you can continue to follow, I apologize and thanks for time you read me.  Really.  Being clear on these points means that much to me.

Of course, this means examining my own life as well.  I am not always as good at practicing this as well and need to get better.

Tomorrow, of course, we will be back to ponderings. 

And as always, thanks for stopping by.

Your Obedient Servant, Toirdhealbheach Beucail

2 comments:

  1. You are entitled to your opinion. I don't see getting mad at you for it.

    I am a few days behind; buT I rarely agree with everything the current administration does, either.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda. Hopefully I am not overly preachy.

    And I think that if we are completely in step with whoever is in power at the present time, we are not looking at our beliefs strongly enough. Seldom does a government support itself getting smaller and the people's rights getting larger.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!