Thursday, June 11, 2009

Light Show

So I am living through my first severe weather warning/tornado warning storm. It's awesome.

For a Northern California boy, the show is great: flash after flash of lightening, roll after roll of thunder, occasional actual forks of lightning, and a downpour of rain. The wind is whipping the flags at the hotel across the way back and forth, and there was talk (not here yet, anyway) of up to baseball sized hail.

It fascinates me, not just for the light show and rain (which New Home needs badly), but for the fact that it reminds me of the frailty of myself and the overall powerlessness of humans: it's not as if we can stop this storm from moving through, or the lightning striking. It is a real reminder of the majesty and awesomeness of our Creator.

And frankly, it's pretty cool. I love weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!