Thursday, June 25, 2009

Remembrances

I spoke with my mother last night. She let me know that one of my more distant cousins, in his mid-sixties, passed away from a heart attack on Tuesday night.

He is one that I believe I may have seen once or twice in my life: a real estate broker/developer, he had (apparently, from what I hear) made the choice to not participate in the larger family reunion type events. He was fabulously successful at what he did apparently, had a family - but most of us (especially my generation) never knew him, what he did, or even what really interested him.

And now, he's gone.

It's a good reminder for me not only of the fleetingness of life but of the involvement of family at whatever level. In the end clients may only remember you as someone who did a good deal with or got you this house; only family (and friends) will remember you for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!