On the whole, much of my life I have been more stupid than smart.
Part of that comes from being someone that has learned to be a people pleaser. One either tries to please people through entertainment or adventurous wildness (sometimes known as bad decisions) or follow along when bad decisions were being made.
I would love to say that this is a "thing that I gave up when I was young", but that would be a lie. Maybe I made less stupid decisions as I got older, but they did not really stop as they should how.
They have now, perhaps, finally slowed to a trickle.
Swap in the word "Sin" there for "Stupid", and often times you would not be off the mark.
And yet.
And yet, neither my sin nor my stupidity keeps God from loving me.
If it is true of me, it is true of anyone.

I figure Gods gonna pick me up like a piece of dog dudu, when He takes me Home to Heaven. woody
ReplyDeleteWoody, that is not a bad analogy. Scoop and out.
DeleteThat slowing to a trickle gets helped by the aging process TB. Walking the straight and narrow is a difficult, life long process. It's refreshing to read of another's struggles in this blog, hang in there sir.
ReplyDeleteNylon12, sometimes it feels like a hike where all you see is higher peak after higher peak.
DeleteI needed that, thanks
ReplyDeleteYou are welcome, Justin. I needed it too.
DeleteThere's a lot of comfort in that. I would like to think that I get wiser as I get older, but I'm also more aware of the flaws I struggle with most.
ReplyDeleteLeigh - I, too, find a lot of comfort on it. I am definitely wiser than I used to be, but my flaws are even more obvious and run deeper than I thought.
Delete