As part of our "Year Two" experience in New Home 2.0, The Ravishing Mrs. TB wanted to upgrade our balcony experience. Her largest complaint was that the planters I purchased were on the floor. The second complaint was they were in the crosshairs of A The Cat, who immediately would run out, try to eat them, and then throw up. A corollary was that he would also stick his head out through the bars; between these two things, the door could not be open at all - not always an issue, but especially important when we want a cross breeze.
Also, some flowers instead of just grains and herbs would be nice.
The revisions:
Hanging planters via the InterWeb and the addition of decor.
I think I have the major herbs covered, or at least the ones we use regularly.
Beyond the sage is a Trailing Petunia. The soil in the foreground now has Four O'Clock seeds.





Ah, revisions TB. A The Cat hasn't tried to jump up on the railing even before the netting went up? A bit of color breaks up the drabness of the siding eh?
ReplyDeleteHe has not, Nylon12 - at least, not after eyeing it once or twice. The bigger concern was him sticking his head out the railing and then trying to walk the edge.
DeleteIt is definitely a happier place to sit now - also, with the planters up, A feels less need to rush out and try to eat the plants.
I love it! Glad you are all doing well. God bless.
ReplyDeleteThank you Linda! Hope you are doing well too!
DeleteThe hanging type planters look really nice and the fence across the railing is a good idea. When Dan and I lived in a second floor apartment, we had two cats. The Tortie learned she could jump from the balcony onto a big bush below and climb down to the ground. That cat was always getting into some type of mischief.
ReplyDeleteLeigh, these worked out a lot better than I had anticipated. The biggest inconvenience is having to water more frequently due to pots (which happened before anyway).
DeleteCats: Always finding a way to skirt the rules.