Well put. Squeeze a believer and the essence of Jesus should be the result. If it's coming from Him, the supply is endless. If it's coming from me, I can't keep it up for long at all. Not to mention the motivation behind it is selfish. "The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked. Who can know it?" I can't even know the depths of my own heart's deceit....
STxAR - I think of my mother, who was simply the kindest person I knew (or know). Even when, at the end of her life, Alzheimer's had stripped her of her personality and person, she was still kind. It was that deeply embedded in who she was.
It should be, Leigh. And you are very correct: it is something that can be cultivated. We just have to be willing to break down our pride and self-centeredness to do it.
Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!
Well put. Squeeze a believer and the essence of Jesus should be the result. If it's coming from Him, the supply is endless. If it's coming from me, I can't keep it up for long at all. Not to mention the motivation behind it is selfish. "The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked. Who can know it?" I can't even know the depths of my own heart's deceit....
ReplyDeleteSTxAR - I think of my mother, who was simply the kindest person I knew (or know). Even when, at the end of her life, Alzheimer's had stripped her of her personality and person, she was still kind. It was that deeply embedded in who she was.
DeleteDepth = genuineness perhaps TB.
ReplyDeletePerhaps, Nylon12. But the really kind people always seem to have it down to the bedrock of their souls.
DeleteI agree with that. It is (or should be) part of our character. Fortunately, it's something we can develop with determination and practice.
ReplyDeleteIt should be, Leigh. And you are very correct: it is something that can be cultivated. We just have to be willing to break down our pride and self-centeredness to do it.
DeleteYup. So many people better than me.
ReplyDeleteMe too John, me too.
Delete