Friday, August 12, 2022

Gone Hiking 2022: Big Adventure Edition

 


Friends,

As you read this missive, I am preparing for The 2022 Gone Hiking Big Adventure edition.  This is what the training hikes of June, July, and August have been leading up to.  

The Outdoorsman and I will be leaving today (we may be on the road already) driving to a location to meet up with our group, go to the trailhead for meeting and pack checks and preparation.  Tomorrow, we will start on what should be a 7 day hike.  If all goes well, we will roll back into civilization a week from tomorrow.

I am a bit apprehensive about the hike  not so much from my ability or lack thereof  - the training hikes have proven wonderful in that respect - as I am about what I do not know.  In this particular case - much like the Grand Canyon - I have tried not to dwell too much on where we are going lest I think "I cannot do this".  

As per usual, I have left a series of posts to go up in my absence and apologize in advance for my delay in responses.  If all goes well, I anticipate re-posting start on Tuesday 23 August.  And by all means, look to all of those good folks over to the right as well for fine and thought inducing posts.

Have a wonderful week. I anticipate having some great pictures to share.

8 comments:

  1. Nylon127:03 AM

    Best of luck TB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nylon12! Hopefully I will have lots of great pictures to share.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous7:17 AM

    Have fun and enjoy the moment. Remember - the pain is temporary, but the images saved and appreciated last much longer.

    Be safe, hydrate and try not to overdo, especially at beginning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Fortunately we are with a group and with experienced guides (something I will happily pay for). I am truly hopeful that based on last year's Grand Canyon experience, this one will be equally memorable.

      Delete
  3. God watch over you all and keep you safe, TB. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did, Linda! I managed to make it back in one piece.

      Delete
  4. I hope you have a great time on your hike, TB!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!