Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Interview And A Request: After Report

 Thanks for all of your prayers and good thoughts.

The interview went well - as always, at least as far as I can tell.  To be fair, I am often a pretty bad judge of such things.  Certainly the time went well quickly and the conversation did not lag, which is always a promising sign.  We covered the usual sorts of things:  history of the individual, history of the company, what the mentally picture for the position is, that sort of thing.  Some questions directed at me as well, especially the change in my career direction, which was hopefully answered to satisfaction.

There are still concerns, of course:  there is a large part of the job that involves an area (Regulatory) that I do not have a great deal of direct experience in.  Certainly that is something that can be overcome - everyone uses consultants now - but it is a consideration; if things do not move forward, it is likely going to be related to that.

On the whole though, it went well.  In theory, the follow up will be an on-site interview in the not too distant future.  I will let you all know - one way or the other  - how things go.

Again, thanks for all of the thoughts and encouragement.  Either way, I really have nothing to lose at this point.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:38 AM

    Okay, it sounds like a good interview as well. I hope it works out the better for both parties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, and I hope so two. Mutually beneficial interviews are always the best.

      Delete
  2. Nylon126:08 AM

    Well good luck TB. Regulatory eh? What I'm reminded of is......."Badges?! We don't need no steeenking badges!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nylon12 - And completely differently kind of regulatory, the "we need to make compliant drugs, biologics, and medical devices so bad things do not happen to the users" sort of regulatory.

      Delete
  3. I always have trouble reading the interviews too. I come out thinking of all the things I should have said/could have said, assuming there is no way I will get a call back and usually I get surprised. On a rare occasion, I go in there thinking I hit all the right notes and never get a call back. Hopefully you hit all the right notes and aren't surprised to get a call back with an offer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ed, it is an art that I am not good at - I think because I am so caught up in the interview and what is going on that if I feel like I did well, I do not have the ability to judge it objectively. I have often misread them in the past.

      Delete
  4. raven8:35 PM

    Interviews go two ways- were they worth working for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Raven - in this case the technology is interesting and the initial read sounds like a good work environment. My big question is really work/life balance, as mine is pretty out of whack right now.

      Delete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!