Friday, July 22, 2022

Gone Hiking III


Responses will be light this weekend and The Outdoorsman and I go on our third and final training hike.

This was actually a planned event prior to my father's passing.  I felt briefly guilty - after all, I had been on vacation on Monday, worked Tuesday, was effectively out of pocket on Wednesday, was back Thursday - and then was planning on being out on Friday.  

But, after all, this was already a planned event and frankly, me working (or even worse, just going out and staying at my parents) did not seem like an option.  Me not doing anything changes none of the facts of the situation and I am reaching the point when I starting to pull back on other activities because of work (which is not a sustainable situation).

And frankly, a little head clearing would be great right about now.

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:11 AM

    I agree - some time off in quiet environment sounds good to me too. Have a good time and no have worries about responding to blogging - we understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will certainly try to shed some of the bustle of the last week. As I said, a preplanned trip that turns out to have come just at the right time.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous7:21 AM

    It is a grand plan to move your life’s trajectory along the path. Especially since it doesn’t involve the dreaded 4 letter “work” word. Your ebb of emotion will continue to rise and fall, yet the solitude of the hike may provide reflection and the head clearing you doubtlessly require. Go safely in our Lord’s Grace.

    Franknbean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you FnB. Being "out" as it were will hopefully assist in some focus I have not been able to muster this week.

      Delete
  3. Being out in nature is often a balm for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sbrgirl, it truly was. In the modern world, add to that being completely unreachable by cellphone.

      Delete
  4. Your dad would want you to go.
    Closer to God out there.
    You and The Outdoorsman be safe and God bless, TB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. That is exactly what we thought as well. And certainly why I cannot tell you I "felt" my father out there, it was good to almost be forced away from it all.

      Delete
  5. Catching up on your previous posts I think a hike sounds perfect. That it was planned already makes it kind of special gift, I think. I pray you feel God's presence and comfort as you walk in His creation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becki, I think it was as well. To be honest with you, between our vacation just before and this hike, it was as if it were known I needed a before and after break.

      Delete
  6. I think a long hike would do a world of good in your situation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:43 PM

    Franconia Ridge looking south.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! That is neat - apparently part of the Appalachian Trail; the Outdoorsman has mentioned trying it more than once.

      Delete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!