Monday, July 19, 2021

Two Channel Recommendations

 I am not a great user of YouTube videos, mostly because I find sitting to watch things for more than 15 to 20 minutes more than I am willing to do. There is plenty to watch there this is of great value, however.

That said, there are a couple of bloggers I follow over there to the right that have started their own YouTube channels.  I know them and highly recommend their work.

The first is my friend Eager Gridless Beaver (Blog:  https://eagergridlessbeaver.wordpress.com/)

The Eager Gridless Beaver Team is D- and A*, who have a small off the grid cabin somewhere in the wilds of Alta Canada.  They post great videos on living off grid, gardening, clearing land, and building tiny structures (they also have some pretty awesome drone film videos of Canadian Wilds)

The first is my friend Rain (Blog:  http://www.rainfrances.com/)

Rain, who now lives in the Maritime Provinces of Canada (I think) shares her life, her pets, her drawings, and her (wonderful) food every Monday and Thursday.  A super talented artist, she has recently started her own YouTube Channel on drawing.  I being the complete opposite of an artist (even my stick figures have been accused "demonstrating that we have not advanced at all in art in 10,000 year") am always in awe of anyone that has that kind of talent and can do it, repeatedly.

(As an aside, I think with only the smallest bit of encouragement, we could get her to do a channel on cooking as well.  Go look at the pictures of the food she makes.  You will make the same encouragement).

I am pretty sure that both of these are more a labor of love than anything else, but the more eyes on them, the more good things might happen.  I would be indebted if you give them a view.



4 comments:

  1. On it. Sitting for another week, waiting for lungs to heal. Did you realize how BIG those organs are? man....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh Friend! Sorry to hear, and hoping and praying you will heal soon. In the mean time, you can learn to draw and see scenic Alta Canada...

      Delete
  2. I subscribe to a couple dozen channels, mostly along the lines of woodworking. I have gotten a lot of useful ideas from them over the last couple years since I started watching them. One of the things I love about them is that they are usually 10 to 20 minutes in length and not longer as on a television.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ed, that is an attractive feature to me as well. I can find time for a 15-20 video. I do not really want to invest more than that at any given time (or go down the proverbial rat hole...).

      Delete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!