Thursday, March 05, 2015

Winter Delay

Today's blog post is brought to you later due to storm delay.

School here has been completely canceled for the day.  Even my own work has been delayed by an hour or so.  I stuck my head outside to see what the weather was doing - fortunately no ice that I can see, but definitely not ideal weather for commuting - very breezy, 30 F.  Still a chance of freezing rain this morning.

I do not think I have ever been so cold before we moved here.

In one way I am fortunate:  I do not have to work outside. I cannot imagine having to face the weather outside with the idea that I was going to work meaningfully in it.

It does bring up two interesting points, however:

1)  How does one plan realistically for emergency situations in climates that have a spectacular switch in climates?  We can get down to below 30 but can pop up to over 100 in 3 months from now.  We do not have to manage for one climate but for two.

2)  This would point out some of the benefit of a home based business. I will still have to go out today, even if delayed.  Would it not be more wonderful if I was able to do something from home?

Not that I expect to resolve anything, mind you.  I am just going to drink my coffee and watch the e-mail and glory in the fact that I live somewhere that things like snow days still happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!