Friday, March 13, 2015

Off to Throw

Off to throw this weekend.

I am excited.  This is a games in memory of my friend Rocky, who passed away last November after a valiant battle with cancer. I only knew him in his latter stages for a little over a year, but he turned out to be one of the great influences - not just in throwing, but in life.

For me, this is actually a pretty big deal.  I leave today and drive about 6 hours to a part of the state that I have never been to.  I am going by myself and will be gone all weekend - and in an almost unheard of liberality, got myself a hotel room.

But the best - and most interesting part to me - is that I am simply going as myself.

I will be alone.  No Ravishing Mrs. TB.  No Na Clann.  No getting up early to drive all day and then driving the same amount of time back.  Just me, staying for the weekend, getting to visit with my friends and watch them, and getting to throw.

No roles as father, husband, caregiver, chore doer, employee manager.  Just me, hanging out with friends and throwing, enjoying their company, remembering our friend Rocky, throwing heavy things, and living in the moment.

I cannot wait.

4 comments:

  1. TB - i wish you greatest success in your throwing! but what i wish for you the most - is that you have a great day, be who you truly are, by yourself, with no titles attached...and soar! i hope that you have a wonderful weekend and enjoy yourself...just yourself. and your comrades! much love buddy!

    u no hoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kymber! As long as I do my best I will happy with my performance. And I will really to just relax and have a good time.

      Lhiats, TB

      Delete
  2. Drive safe and have fun hanging with the buds...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Preppy! It is a six hour go to the west part of the state, but at least the season is best for things maybe being green as I go.

      Delete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!