Monday, December 09, 2013

Today

There are days where I feel
that Monday is here and I am ready:
ready to take on the world,
ready to take on work.
But not today.

Today I feel unrested mentally.
Today I feel physically out of sorts:
slept not enough - or too much?
Either way, I got up late.

Today my mind is cloud with debris of the weekend,
letting things of no importance eat away my time:
Avoidance perhaps?  Pretending that what I have to do
is not coming?

Perhaps.

But today is here.
And so I try to put aside that which clouds my mind and soul
and be about the business of living.

Tomorrow will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!