Monday, December 30, 2013

30,000

Sometime over the last weekend I exceeded 30,000 hits.

I am surprised - and grateful.  I have had this blog since 2005 (yes, the old records are still there) but did not really pick up with writing more regularly until 2008.  That has lead to something which is perhaps the longest project I have undertaken -  5 years of semi-regular journaling of my life (this is post 1629).

How many people are legitimate in that 30,000?  Probably about 90%. I have had a huge hit ratio on my posting of an Easter Meditation from March 0f 2008 which convinces me that most of that is a spam linked e-mail.  I am sure that if I look back I can find the same sort of thing earlier on, before I took steps to prevent the posting of random comments from spammers.

But even with that, that is 27,000 or so views from people that in some shape or form were sincere about reading it.  To them - to you - thank you.  I sit here 5 days a week in the morning, coffee in hand, writing up whatever comes to my mind.  The fact that you take the time to read my musings (or rantings, depending on how you want to look at it) is humbling.

Does this blog do everything I wanted it too?  At one point I would have said no - after all, this was going to be the mechanism by which I achieved literary greatness.  What I have come to realize is that this is really much more of an online journal, a way to touch bases with people of my life in a form that I might not be able to do. In one or two cases, I have (hopefully) served a purpose in the life of a reader as well, which is sort of what any author ultimately hopes to do.

So again, thank you for your support.  It is deeply appreciated and continues to encourage me.  On to 100,000 views.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!