Saturday, July 01, 2023

Greece 2023: On The Writing Of (Prologue The Fourth)

 All - Thanks for your patience as I have gone through three posts about Greece before getting to Greece. It matters, at least to me - if writing on Anglo-Saxon England taught me anything, it is that background is exceptionally helpful for understanding what follows.

That said, I thought I might explain how I will write and the rationale behind it.

Based on the locations, what we saw, and what I have pictures of, there is a great deal - a very great deal - that I could write about.  And I want to do what I saw justice - it simply was an amazing trip and thus I hope to convey something of that amazement to you. Which means that, simply put, it is going to take me longer to write posts.

Additionally (and this is something I learned from the Anglo-Saxon English series)  too severe a programming schedule means that 1) Things get chopped into awkward pieces; and 2) I have less ability to write as things come up.   To the second point, a lot of things are coming up that are fodder for blogging:  a new job, Produce (A)Isle, at least one more hike, and just some of the general ponderings and day to day items that come up that are of interest or strike me as worthy of pondering.

As a result, there will likely not be a torrent of posts on Greece.  To help keep things in line, I will create a page for the Greece 2023 trip to the right, so previous posts can be conveniently accessed.  

In terms of geography and choice of subjects, I will write more or less in the order that we visited things.  This is the way my pictures are organized (helpful, that) and will allow me to reflect on things here the way I reflected on them there.

For me, posting every day is a discipline as much as it is a practice and mental health maximizer.  Keeping this sort of publishing schedule should help me to do all of that - and be happy of the work I am putting out.

As always, thanks for your understanding and continued support.  I am looking forward to sharing my experience of Greece with you.


Church of the Panaghia - Nafplio


6 comments:

  1. Nylon126:00 AM

    Good idea to organize another heading for the sidebar TB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, Nylon12. At least it made sense to me.

      Delete
  2. Nice! This is probably the only chance I'll have to "visit" that area. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great plan! I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leigh! It will be fun to revisit these places again.

      Delete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!