Wednesday, August 27, 2008

And now, we interrupt your daily surfing for sin...

I was reminded last night how quick the the flesh is to come to the fore.

It was quick: a blip on the computer screen in an innocuous place that led to a momentary thought, which was overwhelmed by the force of raw sin - the equivalent to popping the top off a grease trap and suddenly being overwhelmed by the overpowering odor of used grease.

What it reminded me of what how careful I need to be about not only what goes on in my own mind, but in the minds of my children. If I am truly honest, I already tolerate things like what happened last night but I dishonestly cloak them under excuses that I make for myself. No difference, except what I call it in my mind.

It is also a needed reminder that sin is something that is within us, not just something that is around us - Paul's cry of "O wretched man that I am? Who will deliver me from this body of death?" was never more true (Romans 7:24)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:53 AM

    How true! I too succumb to the temptations of the flesh, foul (Not fowl), and beast. Sometimes a good knock on the head like fixing the bathroom sink can bring you crashing back down to earth.

    Nuf said, how's that job going. From guess who in Alameda.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!