Wednesday, July 22, 2026

2025 Cambodia And Vietnam: Meals In Siam Reap

Between our visit to Angkor and our visit to the Museum of Angkor, we had two lunches:

Sadly for the first lunch, I have no notes.

Possible similar to a fried wonton?:


Soup:


Fish, vegetables, and rice:


Fruit for dessert.  I cannot remember the dish to the right:


The second lunch (fortunately this time, I took a picture of the menu):

Deep fried chicken with sauce:


Vegetable Korko creme soup (Green papaya, jackfruit, pumpkin, eggplant, ivy gourd, long bean, cream):


Stir friend chicken with ginger and Khmer field rice:


Dessert was (wait for it...) - fruit!:


6 comments:

  1. Beautifully presented. And with real silverware and glassware! I hope it was as good as it look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh, it really was. We had nothing but great food both in Cambodia and Vietnam.

      Delete
  2. Nylon127:20 AM

    Thanks for the answer yesterday TB, now for today's query.....cost of second meal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nylon12, I do not really have an answer for that. It was part of the tour and a pre-planned meal; my guess is that it was significantly lower than what would have been paid for a similar meal in the West.

      Delete
  3. To this day, my wife still finds many U.S. desserts to be overly sweet because she grew up in a country where fruit was usually the dessert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ed, interesting observation. I will say that I would be more likely to eat fruit as a dessert if I generally had more tropical style fruit, which I found to be sweeter than most of what I associate as fruit here in the U.S.

      Delete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!