Sunday, May 17, 2026

A Year Of Kindness (XIX): The Smallest Act Of Kindness

 


We can have the greatest intensions in the world.  But the smallest act of kindness rendered is greater than all the intentions that are never kept.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:01 AM

    Ah TB, thinking of someone else before oneself, would that more did this. Of course if this happened there'd be less of "if it bleeds it leads" on the news every day......:) Excellent choice on today's graphic sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anon - There is something significantly wrong with media as we currently practice it in the 1st World.

      Thanks for the comment on the graphic. I am finding a lot of really talented artists on Instagram that make positive things (instead of things similar to so much of what is out there).

      Delete
  2. Or the largest virtue signal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly, John. I suppose - for better or worse - I take people's actions at fact value. It also helps that, on the whole, I am surrounded by good people.

      Delete
  3. Oooh... that is good, TB. And convicting. It pains me to consider the good intentions I've had that were never followed through on. But I've never regretted any kindness shown, regardless how small.

    BTW, I interpreted John's suggestion as replacing the words "the greatest intention". And I'd agree with that interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becki, I have had multiple good intentions multiple times - but actions, especially kindness, count more than intentions.

      Second point - Ah, that does make sense. Thanks for illumination!

      Delete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!