Tuesday, May 26, 2026

2026 Japan: Meiji Jingu (III)

 Entering into the main portion of the Meiji Jingu.  There is not a lot to say about today's post, other than the beautiful woodwork.









6 comments:

  1. Nylon127:32 AM

    Boy TB, there have been some artisans doing woodworking and metal working their magic. Difficult to believe there's that much wooded acreage in the heart of Tokyo but then Central Park.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nylon12, all the shrines and temples I have seen are impressive, but this one especially so.

      Scenes like these (and Central Park, I gather) make me wonder what cities would be like if we allowed more of this sort of acreage of green space to exist.

      Delete
  2. I love the door hardware on that door!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's interesting to see the similarities in the different structures, but also the variation in design and craftsmanship. This one is especially awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh, one of the interesting differences here (I think anyway) is that this was a "modern structure" (at the time, anyway) built on traditional architecture and with traditional materials. It did not have to be "recreated" from earlier builds (other than the rebuild after the war, of course).

      Delete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!