Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Glorious Sunset

 One of the things which are sadly missing to the extent that I could see them at The Ranch are sunsets.  This is no-one's fault really:  for all of the beauty of The Ranch, we are also surrounded by tall trees which does many things.  Blocking the view of the sunset is generally one of them.

(Picture taken this morning of writing, towards where the sunset should be.  One can see the issue.)

Thus, I often miss out on the magnificence of the sunsets here in their full glory.

However, when I am headed down the hill to civilization, it can be a different story:

Sometimes I just get lucky and leave at the right time.  In this case I was so lucky I pressed my luck and drove down a bit to get to pull off to take another picture. I was not disappointed.



I have done nothing to the color of these photos - if anything, they fail to do justice to the full rich range of colors.

The world in all of its glory is there for our viewing, if only we will look.

10 comments:

  1. It is a challenge to catch vibrant sun rise or set colors with a digital camera. But yours look lovely. Something we shouldn't take for granted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is never the same as being present Leigh, which is always a little sad to me. I wish the camera could convey more.

      Delete
  2. Nylon126:55 AM

    AH, that's a glorious sight TB, thanks. Around here the sun hasn't been seen since the 29th according to one of the TV weather guessers. Gray is ok but not so many days in a row.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Nylon12.

      Oh my goodness! That is something like two weeks! That would indeed be a bit depressing.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous7:05 AM

    One of the best 'features' of spending time in the woods is experiencing dawn and dusk while in them. The wood take on a different feel. It must be our caveman DNA strand that gets to tingling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a magic to them all their own.

      One of the most amazing sunrises I have ever spent was at the floor of the Grand Canyon. To see the sunlight slowing bringing up the colours of the Canyon walls...amazing.

      Delete
  4. My house is also surrounded by trees, much closer than your trees too. I've often thought that if I were to do it all over again, I would find a house somewhere to the north and west where there would be few trees and a view for 10 miles in any direction. I would sit out there and watch storms blow by day and sunsets and sunrises on the edges of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would make some beautiful viewing Ed - although I do tend to like my trees and I would think places that have few trees might also have a lot of wind, which would be less desirable.

      Delete
  5. My girl and I always watch sunsets when we are together. It's become a thing for us. We were standing outside watching one day when her neighbor came out and took photos of us. The neighbor said it was good to see people enjoying the beauty of creation. At times, I feel that God paints those just for me. I thank Him for the glorious end to another day. I don't know anyone else that stares at the earth turn until the light is gone.

    I borrowed a Mavica digital camera from the mechanics years ago. It used a 3.5" floppy for storage. It was the only digital camera I've seen that did sunset colors well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STxAR - It is odd that it is not something we do as much now. Partially because we are all in a rush these days, I do not wonder. We allow the pale colors of the flickering screens to crowd out the wonders of Nature.

      It is interesting. I sometimes wonder if people are either sunrise or sunset people. I like sunrises, but really resonate to sunsets.

      Delete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!