Wednesday, December 09, 2020

December 2020 Walkabout


If you will humor me, it is time for the monthly property walk.

Now that deer season are over, the deer are out and about.


Sun has that Winter slant to it:

I never thought about it before, but I wonder where the leaves go in the Winter when no-one rakes them?

Living under a pine tree must be hard.  You get the dead needles all over you.


More deer:

The little pond has no water in it yet.  Waiting for more rain.

Now-ubiquitous bear scat photo:

The forest is so much less dense when the leaves are missing:



The creek is still running well - although now decorated with leaves:

Even in Winter, there are still blooms


This soil structure was really interesting:

Something was still blooming!

Up by the house.  



 

4 comments:

  1. I always enjoy these posts. I'm not exactly sure, but I believe I have something similar to your yellow-flowered plant growing here too. I don't know what it is though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad Leigh. Now that I post on this a little more frequently, I do have to pay a bit more attention to trying to find different views.

      Delete
  2. The hunters that lease our farm have left a couple weeks ago having filled all their tags. We still have way too many deer walking around. They are like ants the day after a messy picnic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how where you are and what you do changes your perspective Ed. Many people where we live actively put out feed to attract them - and then wonder why their yards are destroyed.

      Delete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!