Saturday, June 27, 2020

A Visit Home

So as you read this, I am on my way Home.

This is somewhat of a plan on short notice but also a logical step following my final day in my previous position:  a hard break between myself and my former reporting structure to reinforce the fact that I am no longer involved.  It is also a break which I need following four months of unanticipated stress and a long rearguard action of managing in place, waiting for a replacement to come.

What am I going to do?  I am flying back home to The Ranch to spend the better part of a week with my parents in Heaven on Earth.  I will get out to see a couple of my dear friends (oddly enough, almost all my dear friend are the ones I made in high school) and stop by my in-laws on the way back. 

I am bringing my computer along to write of course, and a stack of books for the reading and a bokuto for Iaijutsu training.  What I am not bringing is anything related to work or anything that might make me available to work or to consider work. 

I am sure we will take some drives.  I will read.  I will write.  I will think.  I will visit with old friends.  And I will ponder what the new chapter of my life means, and how I can turn this to my advantage to begin to move the needle in directions that I want to go.

The world will go on.  And for one blessed week, I will not have to.

8 comments:

  1. Glenfilthie7:13 AM

    Work to live, not the other way around!

    Safe travels!!! 😊👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe trip and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! Travel was safe and am now ensconce on the twin mattress and bed frame I grew up with.

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your blessings and detox! And follow the wise advise of Glen!
    Have fun!
    ~hobo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly intend to Hobo. Have already told my parents that except for a couple of friend visits, I am nothing but available.

      Delete
  4. I hope you enjoy your week TB...having Heaven on Earth as your refuge to think about life is a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rain, I am sure trying. I brought a great many books involving reflecting on life and am trying to do some deep thinking on what the next step is.

      Delete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!