Monday, March 04, 2019

Sow True: A Review

Regrettably, my previous seed supplier went out of business (rather mysteriously and all of a sudden).  Leigh at Five Acres and a Dream suggested a couple of sites.  I went to one of her suggestion, Sow True Seed, and made a purchase.

Happily not too long later, I received a package:




Inside, a treasure trove of spring excitement:


Some high class glossy advertisements:  one for an upcoming book on Okra (which, strangely, I am now interested in) and one for sweet potato slips (who knows?):


Three of the seed packets had quality looking hand drawings on them:


And two were just plain (mostly likely seasonal seeds):


They also sent along two packets for collecting seeds.  Yes, I know that I can just as well use plastic bags or envelopes (I often do), but it was still a nice touch:



I have still have yet to plant, of course - but my initial impressions are very good.  A well thought presentation and marketing of the product.

4 comments:

  1. Nice!
    I often order from Baker Creek or Territorial Seeds.
    Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda! I will keep these places in mind as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always interesting to read someone else's experience and impressions of a place liked so well by Self. The things you mention are what initially impressed me too. The other thing I've liked (besides good germination) is the planting and and especially seed saving information in their catalog and on their website. Learning what cross-pollinates and what doesn't has been very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the heads up Leigh! I will certainly review that as well.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!