Tuesday, March 26, 2019

A Funny Thing Happened To Me On The Way To Work....

...more specifically, A Funny Thing Happened To Me At Work.

My boss sits down.  "Good job, keep up the good work."  Hands me a piece of paper.

Turns out I have been promoted.  To Vice President, Quality.

Wow.

I have been at this just over 21 years.  I started as a Research Associate 1, scraping labels off of bottles in a research lab. 

Of course, nothing is free.  All the responsibility is on me - but in reality, it always was.  And I have a great deal to do and be responsible for - but then again, I always did.

Vice President.  This is a high as I pretty much every figured I was going to reach.

Go me.

8 comments:

  1. Good for you TB!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Sounds like a very good thing. You should get paid and recognized for the job you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will you finally get pay commensurate with all your work? Or is this just a cosmetic change for what you already have? Just curious.

    Either way, Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:43 AM

    Woo hoo!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must feel proud, it is a grand achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, TB! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All - Thank you very much. Really, nothing changed from what I was doing on Friday except (I guess) I am more responsible. The whole thing, frankly, makes me very nervous.

    The pay went up a bit, but another tranche is supposed to hit in three months or so.

    Oddly Enough, The Ravishing Mrs. TB Called it before it happened.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!