Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Other Options

I am tentatively - and cautiously - thinking of other options.

Over the course of the last three weeks, I've had two separate incidents - one in industry, one out - that have indicated closed doors and at least two more that through careful consideration, also suggest that there is no way forward in those areas. There are truly paths that, once turned aside from, cannot be regained.

So I'm starting to think in other directions.

I tentatively - very tentatively - brought the subject up last night with The Ravishing Mrs. TB (great thing to jump someone with right after they return, no?). "What sort of thing?" was her response? "I've no idea" I replied. "I didn't get that far".

The thing that I expressed to her - and continues to chase my conscious - is the sense of direct uncertainty I have, of having little control in the event something goes wrong - like the Layoff, merely staring into the headlight of the engine as it plows you over.

Perhaps some of the reason I'm frustrated is that I keep trying to repackage old ideas as new ones rather than setting that box aside and looking for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!