Friday, May 27, 2011

Enthusiasm?

A funny thing happened to me on the way to the enthusiasm department.

An e-mail came from my daughters' school asking about the interest in having an after school Latin program. I, of course, love Latin - but seldom use it - so in my response I indicated that if they needed some assistance I would be happy to do so (I believe the term "I'm nerdy that way" may have been used).

Yesterday, I got a response - a question about if I knew Latin.

Nothing may come of this - but in that moment, between the volunteering and the response, I felt something I haven't felt in a while around something: enthusiasm.

Yes, it will probably go nowhere and yes, even if it does it would be completely volunteer. But still, to feel that moment of elation, to feel that something that one is interested in may be able to be done - what a feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!