Thursday, August 26, 2010

Time Out

I'm taking a bit of time out until the end of the year.

As I am trying to think through where we are and where we're going, I realized that (barring the unusual) nothing will significantly change between now and the end of the year. Nor should it I suppose: Na Clann are in school, any job change at this point may muck up any bonus or promotion I would get (and would not get me anywhere else), and we're not necessarily in a position to go anywhere at the moment.

I've also continued to roll around this concept of building brick by brick - it was Brian Tracy (I believe) that said "Most people overestimate what they can do in one year, but most people underestimate what they can do in five years". I need to be a little more conscious about the decisions I am making and where I am headed.

Some of this work (I think) will involve a conscious process of reviewing and setting my goals. Some of this will involve re-reading the books I have (or in some cases, buying more - Yay!). Some of this will involve writing. Some will simply involve trying to realign my life in terms of direction and time spent on activities.

But my intent in this pause is to enter 2011 and beyond with a clear sense of who I am and where I am going. If I've got those bricks, I need to have that plan to build with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!