Sunday, November 12, 2023

A Recurring Thought and Times

 One of the remarkable things is that when you have blogged for a while, things come back.  

During my daily reading of My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers, I came across this quote:

"I have to learn that the aim in life is God's not mine.  God is using me from His great personal standpoint, and all He asks of me is that I trust Him, and never say - Lord, this gives me such heartache.  To talk that way makes me a dog.  When I stop telling God what I want, He can catch me up for what He wants without let or hindrance.  He can crumple me up or exalt me, He can do anything He chooses.  He simply asks me to have implicit faith in Himself and in His goodness.  Self-pity is of the devil; if I go off on that line I cannot be used by God for His purpose in the world.  I have "a world within a world" in which I live, and God will never be able to get me outside it because I am afraid of being frost bitten."

It was underlined, so I had obviously thought is was important.  "That would make a good blog post" I though to myself.  Turns out it had - almost five years ago to this day (18 November 2018).

Five years ago, I would have been two years into my previous job.  Nighean Gheal would have been finishing her college, Nighean Bhan starting hers.  Nighean Dhonn would have have been finishing out secondary school.  I would have been to Japan to train for the first time.  My life would have probably seemed shockingly put together, at least compared to now.

Funny how circumstances change, but the words Chambers wrote remain strikingly relevant - if I am willing to hear them.

5 comments:

  1. Nylon126:04 AM

    Some thoughts are worthing repeating TB, there are words to live by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, Nylon12 - and honestly I must have thought them important, as I underlined them. Apparently for the day I would need them again.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, as soon as I let go, I get to a better place, quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get wrapped around my own axle far too often, John.

      Delete
    2. TBH, so do I. That's what vodka is for.

      Delete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!