Friday, November 24, 2023

Thanksgiving Holiday, WKRP

 I posted this last year, but we are always in need of a good laugh.  This remains, in my mind, the quintessential comedy routine of an age when comedy was still made.


One thing I noticed this year that I had not noticed before:  in the very last cut scene at the out-take as Mr. Carlson makes his famous comment and the camera goes to the rest of the cast, you can clearly see several cast members trying very hard not to break up laughing.

4 comments:

  1. Nylon124:39 AM

    Indeed a classic, can remember watching that the first time....man 1978.....(sigh).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember seeing it for the first time as well, Nylo12. It was one of the shows our parents allowed us to watch. It just had the perfect match of casting and dialogue.

      Delete
  2. WKRP was on during my television-less years so a show I'm only familiar with by name only. But I do agree, comedy was a lot different back then than it is today... I think. I'm not sure I watch any shows that qualify as comedy these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ed, I suspect it has held up reasonably well over the years as it was a character based comedy.

      I do not think any shows qualify as "comedies" these days, even though some bill themselves as such. It seems to have become a great deal less about humor and more about scoring points in particular places.

      Delete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!