Monday, July 09, 2018

Back Home

So we are back from our trip to home.  I have a couple of posts to make on where we went and some general thoughts that have come to mind, but those are for later.  The bullet points of things that occurred:

- I forgot how much I miss dry heat (instead of the murky humid goo we call Summer where we now live).

- Agriculture is still alive and well and growing, which makes me happy (means that the land is more valuable for growing things than it is for building houses on).

- That said, they are still building a great deal of housing.  Which strikes me as funny, because they are also complaining a great deal about water usage (Important safety tip:  You cannot more people that use water and then complain about the use of water at the same time).

- I realized that my current life is completely and totally lacking in scenic beauty.  You do not realize it until you make the same urban drive with no trees beyond 6' tall for two years.

- Likewise, silence - true silence with only birdsong and the occasional cowbell - is a wonderful thing.  And I do not have enough of that either.

- My incentive to feel like I was plugged into work over time decreased.  Really, it is not that important.

- On the whole, I miss home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!