Saturday, August 17, 2019

The Ranch, Summer 2019


As promised, pictures from the Ranch in Summer:


From the house:




The Lower Meadow:


Walking along the road to the main road:


Madrone tree:


The Lower Meadow.  Still a little water in the seasonal pond:



The cut line from last year.  You can already see the scrub brush popping back up.





My father planted a pear and apple tree.  Both have fruit this year!



Middle Meadow towards the Lower Meadow:



Upper Meadow:


Due to the tree felling for the power lines, there is a lot of wood:





Back towards the house:


I have never seen this flower before:


9 comments:

  1. A beautiful and special place TB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. I'd be there ASAP, if I had a choice. Looks like you could subsistence survive.
    How much income would you need?
    Hope you were able to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, that's my idea of paradise. I'm thankful for what we have, but I'd love to have a more rural setting with space to roam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is, Glen, I feel fortunate to be able to go there still.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is, Linda.

    You could do subsistence if you had to, I think. I have run some of the numbers - the biggest problem where they are is the fact that there are state income taxes, so you have make enough but stay below the minimum. It is a number I am continually working at.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leigh, I can walk there and hear nothing but wind through the trees. I simply love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, yes. Too bad they don't have some sort of tax reduction for homesteading. God will work it out for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sadly Linda, they do not. The best one might hope for is to transfer the land into some kind of trust, but I am not sure we are ready to give up that level of control.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I certainly would not.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!