Thursday, June 06, 2019

Oh, The Places Your Blog Will Go

Back hidden away under the magic "Stats" button in Blogger is a statistic of where your blog is viewed in the world.  It is kind of interesting to see:

This is by the week:


No real surprises, I guess - except for Germany?  I have a following in Germany?

The all time is even more fun:


Who knew I was a thing in the United Arab Emirates?  And more importantly, where is this "Unknown Region" that keeps coming up:  Malawi?  Mars?  Another dimension?  The information seems a bit...unclear.

I had a lot of hopes back when I started this blog, most of which have never been realized.  It does comfort me though that perhaps in some aspect, my blog is doing something, somewhere, that I had never envisioned.

2 comments:

  1. I often look at the stats. They help me keep going with posting up blogs and videos when there is a lack of visibility from people. The stats say that someone somewhere has read or watched my work, and hopefully that person might have felt uplifted in some way, that I might have made a difference, however small, to their lives.

    This, then, is myself after I have read your blogs.

    Write......because it is an urge within you to do so. Maybe that is your 'calling'. To lay down seeds of thought in others, no matter that you do not know who they are or where they live. God knows, and that is all that matters.

    In love and light,
    Vx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vera! You are very right, of course - once upon a time (I have maudlin about this more than once), I had high hopes for being one of those rare breed of bloggers that was seen everywhere and supported themselves on blogging. Perhaps somewhat more realistically, I found out that I really just wanted to write (refusing to monetize the blog also being a factor there, and let us be fair - almost no-one makes a living solely blogging anymore).

    So I now write, a great deal for myself to help myself think through things and in the hopes, just as with you, that we find that we have helped others in some way. Even now, I still comments from people whom I do not know, which gives me some hope that I am continuing to make a difference.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!