Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Losing A Playlist

So somehow in the transfer process, I lost my I-phone playlist.

I had it on my phone, one that I had carefully built over the last 10 years, occasionally adding songs to it but (on the whole) keeping it more or less the same.  Until I accidentally added everything on my phone to the playlist. I tried manually deleting them for a while but there were too many.

No problem, I thought:  I will just delete the list and then add it.

So I deleted the list.  And then tried to add it.  And then my phone failed to synchronize.  And suddenly the "copied" playlist disappeared.

My initial reaction was shock, then anger.  How long had I had that playlist?  And now, I could not find it?  I was aggravated, searching through my computer and my phone.  Nothing.

But then I started thinking.

How long had I had that playlist?  And how many songs - really - did I listen to from it?  Not many.  And how many should I be listening to from it?  Probably even less (mostly due to the headphone and hearing issues.  I really do not need to be listening to loud music any more).

So I composed myself.  Found a partial list that I could transfer if I wanted to. I have all the songs still there if I want to recreate it.

And strangely enough, felt more free.  It was a relic that had been with me a very a long time indeed.  I will try a week or two without it.  Who knows: I may find that I no longer need that list at all and I can just "listen" to music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!