Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Back From Japan

Hi Friends!  I made it back around midnight local time last night. I had a wonderful and meaningful time.

Our schedule, which was not as bad as it could have been, was as follows:

0400  Wake Up
0500-0700  Train
0700 Breakfast
0900-1200 Train
1400-1630/1700  Train
1630/1700  Shower/ Hot Bath (Ofuro)
1800 Dinner
2000  Bed (Typically)

I fear I am still a bit strung out by lack of sleep, but here at least are some pictures of the facility we were in:


The Outside:


Places to remove your shoes:


Our room.  Four to a room (could fit eight on the floor). The bunk was a tatami mat:






The showers, including the Ofuro:





Two of the dojos we trained in:



Sunrises and sunsets were beautiful:






And the general daytime views were nice too:








4 comments:

  1. All that is well and good, TB. I hope you are maintaining your skills with the heavy metal too, if ya catch my drift?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home and Happy Valentine's Day! :)
    It sounds like you had a great spiritual journey TB, I think it's great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am Glen - although I still have a long way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Rain! I am still trying to sort through the experience to understand what I can pull out to bring into my daily living.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!