Wednesday, November 16, 2016

New Job Update

 So I do not know that I have done a job update in a while. I am approximately 3 months and change into it.

How is it going? Overall it continues to go well. Commute change has made a significant – and drastic – difference in my stress level, if not my overall time.

My job duties have continued to expand into areas that I had not anticipated. I have become not only the Quality person, but the Facilities and IT person. These were unanticipated developments and I am somewhat ambivalent about them. On the one hand it is keeping things interesting and developing a set of somewhat useful career skills. On the other hand, I am doing less Quality which is my primary business skill. Time will tell if this is a good thing – in the meantime I will continue to locate furniture, organize maintenance, manage IT facility systems, and do my “assigned” job.

We moved last week. It made me remember why I hate moving of any kind. All the pain of a home move and none of the control over what got moved (“Are we going to use this again? If not, why are we bringing it?”). The new location is much bigger and much nicer and will make a good location for many years for the company in its current incarnation.

So I am busy, stressed (but for different reasons) and have a shorter commute. And my boss is much better. Still coming on as a Win/Win.


Even if I have to reacquaint myself with the use of a crowbar...

2 comments:

  1. This is good news. Congratulations.
    Hubby did Quality control and IT stuff, too. I don't think he did facility stuff though. I think the Navy to care of that.

    It is good you have a better boss, too. The trip we just took to visit son, informed us that DIL works for a not good boss and would like to quit. But we reminded him if she quits, she won't get unemployment to cover the look for the next job. A lot more going on there, but I don't want to bore you.

    Just glad this post seems to be really upbeat. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. Overall it is very good. The other job duties were a bit unexpected so I am trying to adapt. Today, for example, I closed a Laboratory Investigation, walked through an air flow balancing, hung coat racks, reviewed an assay validation, and generated a document control. Kind of a wide variety of things to do.

      That is unfortunate for your daughter in law. Right now would be a hard to time to be without a job, but I get the grind of having to work somewhere where it simply is not pleasant.

      Delete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!