Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Not Feeling It

Not feeling it today.

We had the potential of a "wintry mix", which could mean that the roads would be iced over.  Na Clann's schools are all delayed two hours.  And so, hoping against hope, I looked at the computer and phone.  Nothing. Work is on as usual.

I feel completely demotivated.

It is like I am in school again, hoping against hope that something intervenes to keep me from going to work today.  Because I really do not want to go.

I have to, of course - meetings are scheduled, deadlines exist, and of course there is that minor thing about salary that needs to be dealt with - in other words, the realities of life do not yield to my minor kvetching about things.

But there is something here, something that I need to latch on to. Something that my brain is trying to tell me - or maybe heart.  Because this feeling is becoming more and more common as I rise up in the morning, knowing that on the other side of the door lies a day which has come to be like almost every other day. 

Ah well.  Delay or no delay, the phone calls and documents await.

Sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!