Thursday, March 13, 2014

Moving Slow

Moving slow this week.

This is the Spring Break in our neck of the woods (The Holiday formerly known as Easter Break), where na Clann have the week off.  One of the unlooked for benefits of such a week is that my commute is drastically reduced as apparently over half of the people commuting in New Home are not trying to get to work this week.

The practical outcome of all of this?  My mornings have been getting later.  I write this to you know have rising less than an hour ago instead of the typical two hours that I would already have been up before writing this.

It means I am not getting as much done in the mornings as I typically would like; for example, my reading and other writing input has really taken a productivity plunge this week.  And I do not know that my postings have been up to the usual "standards" I have (whatever those actually are).

Still, it has been kind of nice this week to not have the usual rush of "I need to get out the door" immediately followed by "I am sitting in traffic moving nowhere"  feeling.  There is a certain relaxed sense to the morning which exists even though I still know that work is waiting at the end of my drive.

One can only dream of what such a morning would be like - every morning.

1 comment:

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!