Monday, May 07, 2012

Lists

I am working on formalizing the changes I need to make in my life.

I'm one of those people who seems to benefit from something being put down and systematized.  I find this somewhat ironic, as I have always pictured myself as a sort of free spirit.  But the reality is, apparently, that even free spirits benefit from lists.

And so, my lists start to grow.  Not only my list of things I need to do for the week and the day, but lists for the things that occur within that week. 

Not that it's all bad.  For example, now that I know that I want to spend more time working towards Highland Games competition, I need to insure that I start meeting my exercise goals on a more regular basis.  That means I need to split out what I do and when I do it (trying for shoulders/back/legs MWF and arms/chest T/Th) - and make sure that I keep my running up as well.

Or lists for things I want to do in the future.  I don't want to do what I'm doing forever.  But I need to make sure I figure out how to get to where I think I want to be. To do that, I need to start laying out the plan to get there.

Formalizing things seems so far from where I thought I needed to be - but formalizing brings results that are hard to argue with. 

Let the formalizing begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!