Monday, January 01, 2018

Happy New Year 2018

Greetings Friends!  And Welcome to 2018!  I suspect that while you are reading this, I am still (hopefully) in bed, having completed two long days of driving to get home and then possibly finding a friend's party to shout "Happy New Year" at, followed by coming home and going to bed.

What is planned for the New Year?  Hopefully, I am combed over my goals for the 50th time and they will be ready for publishing (more of what you have come to expect from me, I am sure).

But more importantly - and the way I should start every year - thank you.

Thank you for been a reader.  Thanks for spending at least 10 minutes of your day with me on a frequent (or infrequent) basis).

This blog is entering its 10th year as an actively maintained website (and 13th year of existence).  I believe I will surpass 3000 posts sometime this year.  A great deal of why I still do what I do (other than the fact I enjoy it) is that occasional belief that somehow my ramblings are helping someone else with their ramblings.  If they have helped you - or (to be fair) entertained you or even bothered you, thanks for sticking with me. 

(And to our friends in Russia that spike my blog about twice a month - thank you too.  You keep my numbers up.)

I am excited for this year.  We are going to do a lot of good things together - well, really me doing them, me writing about them, and you reading them.  But in a way, that means I get to do them with you.  Which makes them all the more entertaining.

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year TB :) And thank you right back! I do enjoy your posts and your thoughts. I can't always relate to your posts about religion, but I do read them. :) My biggest plan for 2018 is to save save save...we are hoping so much to be able to qualify for a mortgage in about a year's time! If not, we'll be hopping on over closer to Kymber and J's area of the Maritimes in about a year to look for a rental that'll suit us and all of our fur kids. But we are 99.9% definitely leaving Quebec, and I'm relieved. I'm also going to try more cheese making, taking more time for my hobbies and spending more time in the garden! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year my friend! Hard to believe I've been following your blog for 10 years now. Even though we live in different states and live very different lives I still enjoy the friendship and look forward to reading your thoughts every morning (with a good cup of coffee!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's hoping for a great New Year for all of us. Thank you, TB.

    If you would say a prayer for us, I would be grateful. Hubby goes in for back surgery on Wednesday afternoon. Praying for all to go well here; but a little extra help is always appreciated. :)

    God bless. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rain! I hope you had a great one as well! (I appreciate you putting up with the religion ones.) Saving and paying down debt is pretty big with us as well this year. Not sure this year will be the year of the move but definitely have some clarity about what next steps might look like.

    And hey - cheesemaking is high on my list this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Songbird! Really? Has it been that long? Wow - and I was just feeling like I had been in New Home for a long time (8.5 years as of today)- who knew it would last this long?

    Thanks for reading (and yes, coffee is a must in the morning!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Linda - and no problem. I will add him to the list.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome (and necessary, for good conversation). If you could take the time to be kind and not practice profanity, it would be appreciated. Thanks for posting!